Galax, one of the most renowned NVIDIA based graphics card maker, has come up with the next-gen GeForce GTX 1060 EXOC Black 6GB beauty. This performance packed Nvidia card comes in an all black look that comes with a customized twin 90mm fan.
Packed with new innovative gaming technologies that make it the perfect choice for the latest HD games, it is ready for VR. Powered by the most advanced GPU architecture ever created, NVIDIA Pascal, the GeForce GTX 1060 promises a brilliant performance (essentially it is the most VR ready Graphics card available in the market).
It boasts of a core clock of 1544 MHz and a boost clock of 1759 MHz. Besides those, this card also comes with an ultra-fast FinFET tech and supports features of DirectX 12. This increases the performance in HD and immersive VR games and increases the speed up to three times.
It is based on Streaming Multiprocessors (SM). Each of them is comprised of 32 CUDA cores, four Special Function Units (SFUs), 16 load/store units and a 64KB block of high-speed memory. Given that the silicon chip used here is much smaller than on the other high-end cards, the model appears to be brand new, rather than just an upgrade.
The simultaneous Multi-Projection units are one of the major changes here and are designed for multiple screens. The base on this card is 1506MHz, while the boost is 1708MH.
This officially bids goodbye to the affordable NVIDIA products on SLI. It is safe to say that GeForce GTX 1060 is the best mainstream graphics card that money can buy. It is a shame that AMD is charging so exuberantly. Could have made for good competition.
Galax GeForce 1060 Graphics Card Specs:
- Memory Speed 4004 (8008) Mhz
- Standard Memory Config 6144MB
- Memory Interface Width 192-bit GDDR5
- Memory Bandwidth (GB/sec) 192
- OpenGL 4.5
- Bus Support PCI-E 3.0
- Certified for Windows 8
- CUDA Cores 1280
- Boost Clock (MHz) 1759
- Base Clock (MHz) 1544
- Multi Monitor 4 Displays
- Supported Technologies DirectX 12
- Maximum Digital Resolution 7680×4320@60Hz
- Maximum VGA Resolution 2560×1600
- Standard Display Connectors DP 1.4, HDMI 2.0b, Dual
- Dimensions(with Bracket) 268*139.1*41.5mm
- Dimensions(without Bracket) 254*126*38.6mm
- Minimum System Power Requirement (W) 400W
- Maximum Graphics Card Power (W) 120W
- Supplementary Power Connectors 6-pin
All that for a price of Rs. 23,600.