Kuala Lumpur Malaysia – On the night of Friday, 15 April 2016, Suhana Mohamad’s husband, Raja Asri Raja Mat found his wife electrocuted, while talking on her phone that was being charged. According to police reports, The victim’s husband works for the Bukit Aman’s Special Branch Counter-Terrorism (E8) unit, and was asleep during the incident. Mr Raja Asri Raja Mat rushed his wife to the hospital as soon as he found her in a state of peril.
Suhana Mohamed was pronounced dead by doctors upon reaching the hospital. Family members held Prayers at Bukit Aman. After the ceremony, Suhana’s body was brought to Gua Musang, Kelantan for burial rituals.
The phone and charger details have been kept under close covers by the family and authorities alike, and nobody knows about its Make or Model.
Sadly this is not the first time this has happened. Let’s have a quick glance at the similar incidents that have occurred in the past
1. 2015 Hong Kong- Woman complains about numbness in her fingers by using her phone while it was charging.
2. 2013 Beijing- A man goes into coma, after being shocked by an iPhone 4 while charging, due to a fake, Third party charger.
3. 2013 China – A woman electrocuted to death by an iPhone 5, after using it while it was charging via a fake ,third party charger.
Apple was supposed to be looking into the incident at the time of the mishap. A few months later the company had recalled few of its chargers, and was offering accessories and chargers at a discounted price to all its customers that brought in their third party cables and accessories for exchange.
Majority of cases occur due to the use of cheap third party chargers and other accessories, and so is believed to be the case with Mrs Suhana Mohamed also.
It is sad to see that in this modern era of technology, lives are still being lost to faulty parts and accessories with no one to blame. As a caution PLEASE USE ORIGINAL PARTS AND ACCESSORIES ONLY!