Reliance recently launched the Reliance Jio 4G Preview offer for select Samsung smartphones and Apple iPhones. This offer entitles users of the eligible smartphones to get free unlimited data, calls, SMS and more for a period of three months.
Now Technology Personalized has found a bug in Reliance’s My Jio application, which can be exploited to activate the Reliance Jio Preview Offer in any Android smartphone. Even the Android handsets that do not have support for 4G networks can get unlimited free data, call, and SMS by the process described below.
1. If you have any Reliance Jio app installed on your phone, please uninstall them first, including My Jio application.
2. Download and install the My Jio app from the Play Store.
3. Open the My Jio app and tap on the “Install All“ option, which will download and install all ten of the Jio apps. Wait patiently till each and every application is successfully installed on your device.
4. Exit from the My Jio application
5. Switch off the internet connection. Remember to turn off both Wi-Fi and cellular data.
6. Open the My Jio application and click on “Open” beside the My Jio. Ignore the bar on the top showing “No internet connection”. The My Jio application will open showing the sign in/sign up page, where you will also see the “Get Jio SIM.” 7. Click on the “Get Jio SIM” option which will pop up Internet not available. Now turn on the internet connection (Wi-Fi or mobile data) and come back again to the sign in/sign up. age.
8. Finally, tap on the “Get Jio SIM” button to view the page containing details about the offer and click on “Agree and Get Jio Offer” to generate your unique offer/activation bar code. Even though the code will be automatically saved to your gallery, we recommend you to capture a screen shot of the page showing the bar-code.
9. Take your unique barcode to your nearest Reliance shop with a passport sized photograph and a valid photo identity and address proof to complete the documentation procedure and claim your free Reliance Jio SIM.
10. Activate the SIM by calling 1977 to verify your details.
12. Insert the SIM into the same device you have generated the bar code and activate the Jio Preview offer from the My Jio application.
This process should work on all Android devices. If you encounter any problem, write to us in the comments section below.
Update: Reliance Jio app bug that was enabling users to avail Reliance Jio Preview Offer on any Android phone has been fixed.