Whenever a new Android smartphone comes to market, developers starts finding a method to root the device. Some smartphone manufacturers like HTC and LG provide bootloader unlock method on their developer websites. But for most of the Android devices, we need to lean on the third-party developers like the ones on XDA Developers website.
Asus Zenfone 2 has been launched and developers started working on it. One of the XDA developers found a way to unlock the bootloader of Asus Zenfone 2. He made an easy to use the toolkit to unlock the bootloader of Asus Zenfone 2 ZE500CL.
Here are few things that you need to take care before unlocking Asus Zenfone 2 bootloader:
- Unlocking the bootloader may wipe the system storage, it’s better to take a backup.
- Unlocking the bootloader may void the warranty of the smartphone (relock the bootloader and unroot it before taking it to the service center).
Steps to unlock Asus Zenfone 2 ZE500CL bootloader:
- Download the Asus Zenfone 2 toolkit from here.
- Extract the toolkit and save it on your desktop.
- Launch the toolkit from the extracted folder according to the language (Unlock&Relock_EN for English and Unlock&Relock_RU for Russian).
- On Command line, type “1” (to relock the bootloader type 2) and press Enter.
- Your phone will reboot to the bootloader mode.
- Wait for the process to complete.
Your phone will boot to OS automatically and all your data will be wiped, you need to setup your phone again. Now you can try any root attempts on your phone without getting your phone bricked.