Xiaomi took the wraps off the updated versions of their popular Mi Pad, the Redmi Note 2 and Air Purifier 2 today, called the Xiaomi Mi Pad 2, the Redmi Note 3 and Mi Air Purifier 2, company’s first all-metal devices at an event in Beijing, China.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 is equipped with a 5.5-inch Full HD fully-laminated display with screen resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. Powered by a 64-bit Cortex-A53 MediaTek Helio X10 octa-core processor paired with 2GB / 3GB dual-channel LPDDR3 RAM, the handset comes in two storage variants i.e. 16GB and 32GB respectively.
On the camera front, the Note 3 sports a 13MP rear camera w/ PDAF (Phase Detection Auto Focus) and dual-tone LED flash. There’s a 5MP front-facing camera. The handset runs on MIUI 7 Android-based OS out-of-the-box.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 smartphone also integrates a fingerprint sensor, which company claims the handset can be unlocked in one-third of a second.
The smartphone comes with a 4,00o mAh battery with fast charging (50% in 1 hour) technology. The Redmi Note 3 will be available in three color variants i.e. Gold, Silver and Dark Grey.
The 2GB/16GB Redmi Note 3 is priced at 899 RMB and 3GB/32GB at 1,099 RMB.
Next up in today’s Xiaomi launch event is – Xiaomi Mi Pad 2, the company’s first Intel-based device with a 7.9-inch IPS display, 8MP rear camera and a large 6,190 mAh battery. Here’re the specs:
- Intel Atom processor (14nm process), Quad-core X5-Z8500, 2.24GHz
- 2GB dual-channel LPDDR3 RAM, 16/64GB internal storage
- Full metal body, in dark grey and champagne gold
- 7.9-inch IPS display, 2048 x 1536 resolution, 326PPI
- 6190mAh battery, 5V/2A fast charging
- 8MP rear camera (f/2.0), 1080p video recording, 5MP front camera 75° wide-angle
- 802.11ac dual-band Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.1
- USB Type-C port
- MIUI 7 features: color & color temp enhancement, reading mode, smart button deactivation (when holding both sides of tablet)
- Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 16GB @ 999 RMB, 64GB @ 1,299 RMB
And today’s third and final Xiaomi product announcement — Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2.
Xiaomi Mi Air Purifier 2 is a 40% smaller, quieter but just as powerful version of the popular Mi Air Purifier. It’s just 52cm tall and its base area is smaller than an A4 sheet of paper.
It’s 11% quieter than the first version at just 30dB and can fully clean the air in a 23m2 room in just 10 minutes.
Priced at 699 RMB. The standard filter is priced at RMB 149, while the new enhanced filter costs RMB 169.
All the devices, Xiaomi Redmi Note 3, Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 and Mi Air Purifier 2 will go on sale in China on November 27 via Xiaomi’s official website and its Mi Home outlets.