Apple introduced a new feature in iOS 10; widgets support in lock screen and home screen. If you miss the iOS 9 feature to add widgets to Notification drawer then cheer up. Now you can add widgets to lock screen, and home screen whether its stock or provided from third-party applications.
Widgets are a quick source of information; you just have to swipe from left to right for widgets to quickly check notification like weather, news, upcoming events, stocks, notes or even control the music from music widget. You can get lots of widgets from the app store to add up on your home screen and lock screen.
Steps to add a widget to lock screen or home screen:
- On lock screen or home screen swipe to the right to access the widgets.
- Swipe down to the bottom and tap on “Edit” button.
- Now you will see a list of widgets that you can add to your home screen or lock screen.
- Tap on the green “+” icon next to the widgets you want to add.
- When done, tap on “Done” on the top right to exit the list.
Now these widgets will start to show on the lock screen or home screen. To remove the widgets just go to widgets page, swipe down to the bottom and tap on “edit” button. Now tap the red “-“ icon next the widget and tap on “Done” to exit the list.