Redmond, Washington based Microsoft [NASDAQ:MSFT] has enhanced its Bing Image search engine for desktop and mobile app users. With new functionality a user will get more information now when searching for an image. The user will get more image options such as similar results, top suggestions, what other users are searching, etc. When a user now opens on an image from Bing, they will get a cleaner look of the image with much more information.
Microsoft has not been able to challenge the search giant Google in search business. Bing always has more enhanced image search. Over 100 million Bing users search more than 1 billion images on Bing.com. With these new features it has definitely gained some momentum from its competition in image search. The new features of Bing are explained in the video below.
We compared similar search option for a term “Philips Airfryer” on Bing Images and Google images to compare the experience. The results show that Microsoft has definitely enhanced their image search criteria much more than Google.
Bing search has scored over the Google image search on following points:
- Places to buy a product – This feature are currently in beta stage. This feature will allow user option right from the search window if the product is available for sale in participating outlets and web stores.
- Refine your Searches – This option provides searches related to the image searched by a user
- People Interested in this search also searched for – This option provides you what other users might have searched for apart from the same search query
- More Sizes of the images – This option will provide if the same image is available in multiple sizes, this could be a great way if you want to download free image
- Pages with this image – This option provides a user direct link to go directly to the page in which the image was embedded.
- Feedback Option – Bing has added a feedback option to the image
- Pin to Pinterest – Bing allows a user to directly Pin an image from the search window.
- Play all Result – To play a slideshow directly from the search results
The new image search options have been added to Bing.com on desktop, apps for iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and Google Chrome Extension.