GIF pictures are a small snippet of a video (or fully animated) to embed in websites or share it as a meme. The main reason to do this is that GIF images are smaller than the whole video, and it repeats itself automatically. If you still don’t know how Memecenter got all those memes then let me tell you the secret of doing that.
Method 1: Use Giphy
Giphy is a website for all kinds of GIF animations; funny, quotes, inspirational and slideshows. You will find some GIF animations there for your need, so you don’t need to make it from the scratch. Let me guide you through the steps for making a GIF animation from a video using Giphy.
- Open any internet browser (should support Flash; Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox recommended) and navigate to www.giphy.com/create/gifmaker.
- Copy the link of the Youtube video URL and paste it in the big text box in the center.
- Or click Browse to upload any video from your PC.
- Once the video is uploaded, you will see a preview of the video you uploaded.
- Using time sliders, you can select the video part you want to make the GIF animation of.
- Check the terms and services box and click CREATE GIF.
- Once done, you will see the preview as the result, you can save it by clicking ADVANCED > DOWNLOAD.
Method 2: Memecenter
We mostly create GIF animations for trolling others and make memes (well I do this every week). Memecenter is the biggest website to share your meme with the world. You can open Memecenter and start to the never ending meme wall (which I do every day before start my work). Let’s see how you can create awesomely memes using Memecenter.
- Open an internet browser and navigate to www.memecenter.com.
- Click Create then Gifmaker and select the option; Animated GIF or Reaction GIF.
- After that, you will get four options to craft GIF from.
- Select the one you want; here we chose to Create a GIF from Video.
- Paste the video URL into the URL box and click Next.
- Now you will see video preview with a timeline to trim the video.
- After selecting the desired part, click Add Video.
- After that, you will be presented with a software interface to make some editing in the GIF.
- After editing the GIF in the editor, click Save GIF to download the resulting GIF.
The final GIF will get created with a small watermark of the respected website below the GIF. Now you can share this GIF everywhere with your friends. Or you can create a new account on Memecenter and share it with the world.
Giphy Cam is an official app from Giphy which you can use to create gif on the go. You can create your own gif and share them on the social network or save it to show them to your friends. Download the official app here.