OPPO has announced the introduction of its new Reno11 Series, which will feature the Hypertone Imaging Engine, a proprietary color calculation technology. This series aims to enhance portrait photography through advanced algorithms and camera features. Key highlights of the Reno11 Series include:
- The Hypertone Imaging Engine processes lossless photos with deep pixel fusion, enhancing image details and dynamic range.
- AI Denoise and AI Demosaic algorithms improve image clarity under challenging lighting conditions.
- The Tone Mapping Control algorithm is specifically optimized for Indian skin tones in portrait photos.
- A 50MP Sony IMX890 main camera with a large sensor is used for detailed captures in low-light conditions.
- The 32MP IMX709 RGBW camera sensors, co-developed with Sony, ensure high-quality portraits even in dim lighting.
- Portrait AI distinguishes between skin blemishes and beauty spots for more natural photos.
- An 8MP ultra-wide-angle Sony IMX355 camera captures scenic vistas with clarity.
- Additional shooting modes include Night, Pano, Slo-mo, Dual-view video, and Text scanner.
- The Reno11 Series offers a Pro mode for granular control over camera settings.
- The Reno11 Pro is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 8200 SoC for high performance.
- The series includes a long-lasting battery with fast-charging capabilities via SuperVOOCTM technology and a Battery Health Engine for prolonged battery life.
OPPO is set to introduce the Hypertone Imaging Engine in its new Reno11 Series, promising a leap forward in portrait photography. This technology is part of OPPO’s ongoing efforts to innovate in smartphone photography, joining the ranks of their existing technologies like SuperVOOCTM for fast charging and a 10-bit color display for a comprehensive smartphone experience.
The Reno11 Series will utilize the Hypertone Imaging Engine for processing lossless photos in the RAW domain, thereby preserving image details with precise color rendering. This innovation extends the dynamic range to achieve a balance between light and shadows. The series also includes AI Denoise and AI Demosaic algorithms to enhance portrait image clarity in less-than-ideal lighting conditions.
The Tone Mapping Control algorithm, developed with feedback from internal and external experts, including celebrity wedding photographer Joseph Radhik, ensures accurate results with Indian skin tones. Additionally, the Face Curve algorithm enhances stereoscopic light and shade effects on human faces in portrait photos.
The 50MP Sony IMX890 main camera, featuring a large sensor, is designed to capture vivid and detailed images in various lighting conditions, including evening gatherings and dimly-lit environments. The camera’s AI Denoise feature ensures crisp images indoors, while OIS and PDAF technologies provide stability and clarity in action photos.
The Reno11 Series also boasts a 32MP IMX709 rear camera with a 2x telephoto lens and a 47mm focal length, mimicking the human eye perspective for proportionate portraits. The Portrait AI technology can differentiate between skin blemishes and beauty spots, tailoring the photo processing accordingly.
For panoramic shots, the series includes an 8MP 112° ultra-wide-angle Sony IMX355 camera, ensuring clear and vivid photographs even in low-light conditions. The camera supports additional modes like Night, Pano, Slo-mo, Dual-view video, and Text scanner. Both front and rear cameras support 4K videos at 30fps.
The Reno11 Pro is powered by the 4nm MediaTek Dimensity 8200 SoC, offering exceptional performance and gaming experiences. The device supports 10-bit colors, enhancing the viewing experience with more hues and tones. The Reno11 comes with the MediaTek Dimensity 7050 SoC, optimized for performance and efficiency.
The battery life in the Reno11 Series is enhanced by the inclusion of a 4600mAh battery in the Reno11 Pro and a 5000mAh battery in the Reno11, both supporting SuperVOOCTM charging and featuring OPPO’s Battery Health Engine technology.